Web Content ViewerActions
First Smart City Project of India
Nava Raipur Atal Nagar Vikas Pradhikaran has laid the foundation of the first smart city project of India by the name of Nava Raipur ATAL NAGAR .
In addition to smart lighting and BRTS, it also supports extensive afforestation.
A clean residential hub along with exponential economic, financial and technological growth is what Nava Raipur ATAL NAGAR aims for.
It visualizes being a role model for every upcoming integrated city of the subcontinent.
Nava Raipur Atal Nagar pays its designing and establishment homage to the NRANVP or Nava Raipur Atal Nagar Vikas Pradhikaran. Originally known as Capital Area development Authority (CADA), it came into existence through the hands of the Chhattisgarh government in 1973.NRANVP formulizes as a special branch of the government holding development responsibilities under the Nagar Tatha Gram Nivesh Adhiniyam. It was on November 1, 2000, when NR ANVP’s dream project –Nava Raipur Atal Nagar gained prominence as an upcoming metropolitan city. Spread over an area of close to 250 sq. km,Nava Raipur Atal Nagar Vikash Pradhikaran has embraced a spaced out approach ensuring a nature friendly construction and development of this smart city project of India.
Stand Out Features Of NRANVP
- Residential accommodation to 4,50,000 inhabitants.
- Dedicated zoning system for residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
- State of the art drainage system keeping Nava Raipur Atal Nagar independent of water logging.
- Nandanvan Jungle Safari at the heart of this green field city.
- Potential lands for afforestation, and recreational purposes.
- Corporate blocks dedicated to IT growth in the region.
Distinguished Features Developed By NRANVP
Working on the first smart city project of India, Nava Raipur Atal Nagar Vikas Pradhikaran has taken some unique steps that will set this potential metropolitan a step ahead of its counterparts.
1. Smart Lighting in Nava Raipur Atal NagarProficient engineers of the development team went with a smart lighting approach doing justice to its title of being India’s first integrated smart city. By deploying LED lighting in Nava Raipur Atal Nagar, the government will be able to save considerable watts of electricity per month.
This saving will also ensure that Nava Raipur Atal Nagar enjoys uninterrupted electricity supplies 24 hours a day. Moreover, such assurance will also transpire into 24 hours water supply across the length & breadth of this city.
2. Land Rehabilitation in Nava Raipur Nava Raipur Atal Nagar:A total of 41 villages were merged within the development parameters of Nava Raipur Atal Nagar. However, instead of re-allocation, the government chose to incorporate these areas within the core plan. Moreover, NRANVP made sure to acquire land on mutual consent and fulfilling the following criteria
- Land mostly under government ownership.
- Segments of land not suitable for mining or agriculture.
- Plots having negligible forest cover or wildlife inhabitation.
- Substantial water availability and impressive bearing capacity.
3. Urban transport project:
NRANVP has developed a dedicated BRTS system goes around the city touching all the major financial and residential hubs of the metropolitan. In addition to this, a proposed railway network connecting the existing route to Mumbai is also under progress.
Nava Raipur Atal Nagar transportation project is also looking to include dedicated cycle lanes and pedestrian pathways to encourage greener modes of transport around the city.
In addition to this, NRANVP is also looking to escalate the residential capacities of Nava Raipur Atal Nagar up to 6,00,000 inhabitants by 2031. With a plethora of projects at hand,NRANVP strives to take this smart city project of India to the zenith of development.